In ITrack Enterprise, available quantity (sometimes written QA to save space), represents the quantity of an inventory record that is ready for sale. Unlike QOH, QA is an abstract figure, and takes into account how much stock has been promised to other applications already.
Places that quantity can be allocated include the following list:
- Work orders that are not marked as estimates.
- Invoices, or sales orders that affect inventory
- In very specific cases, Quotes (sales orders that don't affect inventory). These are only considered if the hold checkbox is checked in the list on the sales orders screen.
- Outgoing transfer orders.
- Vendor return purchase orders.
This value is calculated on request, rather than being statically stored. This makes getting available quantity for large quantities of inventory records to be very processor intensive, but always up to the second.
This value is visible on many screens that show inventory records. In order to see what items are allocating quantity, view the item on the Search Screen (Enterprise) and look at the allocation info pane, or open the part on the parts screen and look at the transactions page.