In ITrack lingo, an extension is a general name for a DLL (dynamically loaded library) that can be loaded into ITrack.exe. This implies a certain conformation to ITrack standards and APIs. These extensions are located in the installation directory (normally: C:\Program Files\ISoft Data Systems\[Product Name]) with ITrack.exe. In order for Master to load an extension, it must be specified in its Configuration File.
Extensions all conform to the same standards, but fall into one of several logical categories depending on their purpose in ITrack:
- Module Extensions
- Utility Extensions
- Third Party Extensions
- User Created Extensions
- Database Connection Extensions
Extensions can have some or all of the following features included in them; though the presence or absence of some of these features might change its 'extension type'.
- Menu Options displayed at the top of Master
- Modules displayed in the "Main Menu" in Master.
- Database Connections used for connecting to a Database.
- Extension Functions used by other extensions and modules.