Service version of Replikwando, which will copy a customers database to ISoft's server so their inventory can eventually be updated on heavytruckparts.net.
- Connect to the server thru VNC
- Check their local itrackpro/itrackenterprise database for their company produce code (companyinfo.productcode or settings.location=CompanyInfo) and use it when creating their account
- Create Replikwando account on Replikwando Records - Add New Company website
- Update Kungfu to include the new HTP account information
- Download Replikwando Install pack from tools.isoftdata.com
- Copy SSL Certificates over to %PROGRAMFILES%\Isoft Data Systems\Certificates
- SSL Certs can be found in <svndir>\itrack2\trunk\Certificates\<companyname>-cert. If certs don't exist for the company, ask Dayton or Brian to generate them.
- Edit Replication.ini file
- This is a long section, found [#Host_INI_Configuration lower down]
- Edit my.ini file (default location %PROGRAMFILES%\MySQL\MySQL server 5.1\my.ini)
- Add the following under [mysqld]:
- Add the following under [mysqld]:
- Stop and Start the MySQL service
- Restart service in control panel -> Admin tools -> services
- in command prompt:
- net stop mysql
- net start mysql
- Set up Task Schedule to run Replikwando once after business hours.
- Only need to set up schedule if installing during business hours so that you don't lock up clients database
- Tell Brian user and Product code so he can set up triggers on HTP.net
- Note: Replikwando will lock up the entire database during the initial push, so it may be a good idea to run it at the end of the work day.
Replikwando on Linux using Wine
- Connect to the customer's server using sftp (it's a *nix app, may need to install Cygwin-X)
- Do `put “Replikwando with Wine.tar.gz” .` to put the install files on their server
- You can also put the customer's key and cert now, as well
- Connect to the customer's server using SSH/putty
- Extract the files using `tar -zxf “Repikwando with Wine.tar.gz”`
- If that fails, use `gunzip “Replikwando with Wine.tar.gz”`, `tar -xf “Replikwando with Wine.tar”
- You will now have two new files in your directory, replikwando_install.sh and ISoft/*
- Type ./replikwando_install.sh
- Depending on the system configuration, several prompts may show up. Just read them and follow what they tell you to do.
- The script will tell you when it is done running.
- Navigate to ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Replikwando
- This directory will contain the error logs, sqlite file, and so on.
- Put in the required values for replication.ini (see above)
- Type ~/replikwando_startup.sh to start Replikwando for the first time.
- Confirm that Replikwando is running correctly using the error logs here
- Type `vi <filename>` to open the file in an editor to read it. Type :q<enter> to quit.
- To connect to the mysql server, type `mysql -utestuser -hlocalhost -p`
- You'll have to type a 'use <database>' command before running queries
- Once Replikwando is confirmed running, type `sudo vi /etc/rc.local` and place the following lines just above the last line that says 'exit 0':
- start replikwando
- sudo -H -u isoft /home/isoft/replikwando_startup.sh
- Some quick tips:
Quick linux commands:
- ls : shows you what is in the directory
- sudo : lets you run powerful & dangerous commands (requires password)
- cd : change directory
- rm : deletes a file (use rm -r to delete a folder)
- deletes cannot be undone!
- You can't open Replikwando's UI to see if it's pushing data, so you have to rely on the error logs and test database changes.
- All normal Replikwando caveats apply (initial push db lock, query error logs, so on so forth)
After the initial push, be sure to copy over functions and stored procedures as necessary, as replikwando doesn't do this automatically.
If you have any additional questions, ask Justin.