From ISoft Wiki
- Create a database on Fonseca where the database name equals the customer's product code
- Create a MySQL user for the customer
- Setup full privileges for that user to access the the database just created
- Go to the mysql database and give the user "Super" privileges in the user table
- Run the flush privileges query.
- Turn on binary logging
- Open the my.ini (C:\Program Files\mysql\MySQL Server 5.x) and enter log-bin under the mysqld section
- Beneath the log-bin line, enter the line expire-logs-days=10
- Restart the mysql service
- Download Replikwando from dl.isoftdata.com
- Place the files in "C:\ISoft Data Systems\Replikwando\"
- Open Replication.ini and change binologpath and mysqlbinpath if needed.
- Setup the [todatabase1] section to correspond to the server side setting just setup (host should be backup.isoftdata.com, port: 3306)
- Save replication.ini
- Make sure Replikwando is set to run when the user logs into Windows
- Create a Replikwando shortcut in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
- Check the server side database to confirm things are getting replicated
- Continually check the Replikwando Records page to make sure nothing has broken.
- Note: Replikwando will lock up the entire database during the initial push, so it may be a good idea to run it at the end of the work day.