Justin was hired in March of 2009, where he began by learning the ins and outs of ITrack Pro and AX.
Currently, he's the main developer for ITrack AX, Replikwando, and a wide swath of tools internal and external. He also does development work on random projects as they come up, guides with tech support in their endeavors, and does his best to keep interdepartmental communications flowing smoothly. Hats are changed frequently!
Education and Experience
Justin graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (minor in Mathematics) in December of 2008. He's been doing technical support for computers, printers, network connections and infrastructure, televisions, telephones, and server administration for four years, with another two years of programming.
During his time at ISoft, Justin has:
- Written code for AX, Pro, Enterprise, and Presage
- Written web code for LX Warehouse, Presage Scanner, an auction lotting tool (and evaluated/debugged/made suggestions for other large production sites and tools)
- Written scripts for database updating, timed program checks, massive directory manipulation, bidirectional public key file exchanges
- Developed/Maintained internal tools (including Replikwando, a mysql tokenizer, a harebrained symmetrical encryption scheme, and a call tracker)
- Participated in the deployment, maintenance, and upkeep of more than a dozen production databases:
- CPU and Memory utilization
- Errand program debugging and correction
- Establishing, maintaining, and debugging networks on both ends of the performance spectrum (servers using erroring T1 lines is interesting)
- Enjoyed tons of (almost exclusively MySQL and sqlite) database shenanigans:
- Installing and configuring the servers and related programs
- Writing, debugging, optimizing, and tracking queries, stored procedures, functions, views
- Creating and implementing archiving and backup solutions
- Recovering 'lost' data and restoring 'lost' databases
- Created script files for nightly export of large (not terabyte-scale) data sets
- Helped Support streamline and correct processes in an effort to keep things running smoothly (bless our Support staff!)
- Assisted in the execution of bi-monthly auction days by clerking, helping maintain data consistency and reporting, proving outcomes to customers, and providing post-auction statistics
- Created an inventory appraisal tool that (for auctions at least) has had a 5% margin of error for the past two years running
And some other stuff. You know. ;)
- Keybase.io: A817266B53CD3F9AB144416C9ABC91ED61DE9BE0 (https://keybase.io/jmckinstry/key.asc)
- pgp.mit.edu: 9ABC91ED61DE9BE0 (https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9ABC91ED61DE9BE0)
While not being an extreme outdoorsman, Justin does like to hunt and fish. Occasional hiking and biking also occur. During the rest of his spare time, he enjoys reading, drumming, playing Rock Band, and playing other video games. He also likes to write small programs using C or C++ for fun.