Car-Part.com is a company that runs a web site which indexes car parts for car yards across the US.
Car-Part.com distributes software that allows ITrack users to export parts from ITrack to Car-Part.com, as well as to search the Car-Part.com database from ITrack. So there are two main parts to Car-Part:
- Search - car-part
- Upload - pkzip
|The Car-Part applications are in \\bunnahabhain\ITRACK\Tech Support\3rd Party Software\Car-Part|
You will also need the company's car-part login info, which you can get one of the following ways:
- Whatever system we're currently using to store customer information
- Asking fellow ISoft Employee to see if they have a copy of login info
- Emailing a car-part representative (Cristi at car-part dot com)
(Car-part calls this "Trading Partners" to confuse you.)
Place all of the car-part search files in the %systemdrive%\car-part\ directory.
Run the Config.exe application:
- In the Inventory Management System drop down menu select ISoft
- Enter the Username, Password, and Site information that has been provided for you.
- The site name is usually something like: trade<some_number>.car-part.com
- The other fields are not required
- Save the Settings
When a user clicks the car-part button on the search screen of ITrack, it launches this app. ITrack passes in the search criteria and the car-part app launches the search in their web browser.
|If the customer is using Vista/Win7, and the Car-Parts Search is having problems loading - use Firefox instead.|
|If the Search Online button is greyed out, make sure you go to Edit --> Options --> Company Info and set the yard's type (Car + Medium Duty Truck.|
The upload application needs to be in the %systemdrive%\pkzip\ directory.
- Grab the zip file from \\bunnahabhain\ITRACK\Tech Support\3rd Party Software\Car-Part and transfer it to the customer's computer.
- Unzip the files and make sure that pkzip is in the root of the C:\ drive. Overwrite files if prompted.
- Run carpart.exe
- Enter the customers login info
- The site name should be "compatible.car-part.com"
You can check if the information will export correctly by opening ITrack Pro and going to 'Data Import/Export', the Export tab. When you click the 'Export to Car-Part.com' button the Car-Part application should launch and blue loading bars should briefly scroll across it. You may need to go to Edit >> Options >>General and turn on the workstation as an Auto Yard for this button to become active.
How It Works
Car-part grabs inventory from ITrack based on interchange number, make and model, and maybe (or maybe not) a few more things. If the interchange numbers were wrong, Duff and Brad are fairly sure that would NOT cause the export to fail outright - it would just make stuff not show up on car-part.
The query it runs
SELECT `year`, `model`, `typenum`, `interchangenum`, `side`, `suggestedprice`, `bottomprice`, `tagnum`, LEFT(`description`, 80), `store` FROM `inventory` WHERE `quantity` > 0 AND `status` = 'A' AND (`typenum` LIKE '%%0' OR (`typenum` > 99 AND `typenum` < 1000))
- If ITrack crashes when the button for the Car-Part upload is clicked, then the issue is probably related to host.ini. In the [general] section of host.ini, find the masterdir line and set it to masterdir=.
When we need to speak to someone at Car-Part, we typically speak to Tammy Cavnar. The number to reach Car-part is 859-344-1925.