Host.ini is the local settings file for ITrack. All the settings that have to do with an individual computer are stored there (whereas user, store, or global settings are stored in the database). The format is standard Windows initialization file format which means that there are three basic element types:
- Section Headings - These are of the form "[section]". They mark the beginning of a new section. Sections separate properties into logical groups.
- Properties - These are of the form "property=value". Everything following the equals sign is part of the value of the property.
- Comments - These are of the form "# My Comment". Any line that starts with a pound sign (#) is ignored. They can be used to make remarks in the file or to temporarily disable certain properties.
The [extensions] section stores the modules that ITrack will use on this computer. Most extensions take the form of screens or options dialogs though some are used behind the scenes. Some users may not need certain extensions and their removal may make the system easier to use. There are two basic types of properties in the extensions section:
- total - This is the total number of extensions that ITrack will try to load. It will read down the list of extensions starting at 1 and going until the total trying to load each one. If one fails to load, ITrack will stop loading the rest therefore ensure that the total matches exactly the number of extensions you want to use.
- extension<number> - This property points ITrack toward a particular dll file that holds the extension. The order that the extensions are listed is irrelevant unless extension list ordering is turned on (it is set to alphabetical by default).
|EEAccounting||Loads the Accounting Screen|
|EECrystalReportsExtension||Allows Enterprise to create Crystal Reports|
|EECustomer||Loads the Customer Information Screen|
|EECustomerList||Loads the Customer List Screen|
|EECoreManagement||Loads the Core Management Screen|
|EEDataManagement||Loads the Data Management Sceen|
|EEDeliveries||Loads the Deliveries Screen|
|EEGlobalSettingsExtension||Allows some Global Settings such as hotkeys.|
|EEHome||Loads the Home Screen|
|EEInterchange||Loads the Interchange Screen|
|EEInventoryOverview||Loads the Inventory Overview Screen|
|EELogin||Necessary to load the Login Dialog|
|EEMAS90Accounting||Necessary for loading the GL accounting system. Enterprise will throw an error when finalizing a document if GL accounting is on and this is not loaded.|
|EEOptionsExtension||Necessary for loading Options Dialogs|
|EEEDocumentExtension||Necessary for building E-Documents|
|EEPartConfiguration||Loads the Part Configuration Screen|
|EEPartModification||Loads the Part Modification Screen|
|EEParts||Loads the Part Information Screen|
|EEPaymentEntry||Loads the Payment Entry Screen|
|EEPurchaseOrders||Loads the Purchase Order Screen|
|EESalesOrders||Loads the Sales Order Screen|
|EESearch||Loads the Search Screen|
|EEVehicles||Loads the Vehicles Screen|
|EEVendor||Loads the Vendor Information Screen|
|EEVendorList||Loads the Vendor List Screen|
|EEWorkOrders||Loads the Work Orders Screen|
|ITMySQLConnection_d||Required for Enterprise to talk to MySQL|
This section mainly stores information about the setup of the filesystem.
- imagesdir - The filesystem location to look for images.
- reportsdir - The filesystem location to look for reports.
- attachmentsdir - The filesystem location to look for attachments.
This section changes how pictures are loaded by Enterprise.
|searchcountspicturesparts||True/False||Determines whether or not Enterprise counts part pictures when the Search Screen is first loaded. Changing this to False can reduce Search Screen loading time but will not load picture icons.|
|searchcountspicturesvehicles||True/False||Determines whether or not Enterprise vehicle pictures when the Search Screen is first loaded.|
|searchrefreshpicturesparts||True/False||Determines if Enterprise does a part picture count after search.|
|searchrefreshpicturesvehicles||True/False||Determines if Enterprise does a vehicle picture count after search.|
|partsearchsoftmaxresultcount||Integer||How many part search results before Enterprise warns the user. Adjustable through UI.|
|partsearchhardmaxresultcount||Integer||How many part search results to show on screen. Adjustable though UI.|
|vehiclesearchsoftmaxresultcount||Integer||How many vehicle search results before Enterprise warns the user. Adjustable through UI.|
|vehiclesearchhardmaxresultcount||Integer||How many vehicle search results to show on screen.|